Terms and Conditions
These pages set out the terms and conditions (Terms) on which we Interior Inspirations, sell any of our goods and/or services (Products) to you (the Purchaser). These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of our Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Products. Please note that by ordering any of our Products you agree to be bound by these Terms. You should keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. We amend and update these Terms from time to time. Please check these Terms every time you wish to order Products to ensure you understand the terms that will apply at that time. These terms shall apply in place of and prevail over terms contained or referred to in the customer’s order or in correspondence. The supply of all goods and services shall be subject to English Law.
1. The images of the Products in our brochures and on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that the colour on the site is a precise reflection of any colour or that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images. We strongly recommend that you request a sample prior to ordering to check colour and texture.
2. Samples are intended as a representation of the fabric but not as an exact match as there may be variations of colour between batches of fabric. If you are sensitive to shade, particularly with silks, we recommend you request a chargeable stock cutting that is a sample from the current batch of stock. If you ask us to do so we will reserve for you the quantity, you require for your order for 7 days from the date we dispatch the stock cutting to you.
3. Samples may be labelled on either side of any fabric. If you are unsure about which is the correct side, and it is important to you please call us for clarification.
5. All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your order.
6. From time to time we may have to change the specification of goods ordered without notice to you, but we will only do so if the change in specification is required so that you can receive the most up to date specification or because we must comply with any applicable legal requirements. We will ensure that any changes do not materially affect the performance, quality or appearance of the goods.
7. Unless you use our measuring service, goods are manufactured in accordance with the measurements provided by you. If you want help in measuring, please use the tools available on the website.
8. If you use our measuring service but have decided against or are unsure whether you will use our Installation service, please inform the person taking the measurements, so that he/she can pass on any information required to install the products correctly.
9. An Installation / Delivery service is available in some areas. A quote for these services is available upon request. Installation / Delivery charges are quoted on the basis that we will make the required visits to your property and that we are able to obtain good fixings for the products and we are able to obtain unobstructed access to your property / work areas on the Installation dates prebooked. If at the time of Installing / Delivering the products, it is discovered that due to the condition of your walls or due to substandard building work that good fixings cannot be obtained and / or we do not have free unobstructed access to your window / work area or property, we reserve the right to charge additional fees to cover the cost of additional materials needed, additional labour cost and returned visits cost to complete the work. We will not be held responsible for moving any items to clear access.
We reserve the right to charge you, if we must visit your property on any or subsequent occasions to complete an installation, started by you or to make alterations to any goods which may not have been installed in accordance with our measurements or legal requirements.
10. Some projects / contracts require us to use long ladders, towers, equipment or additional personnel, which would require us to hire them so all relevant cost of the hire will be passed onto you (the purchaser). Whilst every endeavour is taken to protect the work area/ property, the company cannot be held responsible for damage to walls or floors, when Hired equipment is used.
11. The regular use of a vacuum cleaner with appropriate attachment can significantly extend the life of furnishings and will reduce the need for dry cleaning. If dry cleaning is required use a dry-cleaning specialist. It is quite normal for furnishing fabrics to shrink as much as 5-6% after cleaning. We do not take any liability for the dry cleaning process.
12. Fabric supply: Please check all fabrics carefully before cutting as claims cannot be accepted after goods have been cut.
13. Wallpaper supply; The company does not accept responsibility for estimating quantities. Please check with a decorator as over ordered wallpaper cannot be returned. No claim will be allowed for paper hung in excess of one roll where a fault could not reasonably be recognized prior to hanging.
14. Call Out Charges: A call out charge will apply of £75 Plus VAT at the prevailing rate, to the following:
- Out of warranty work (12 months after final invoice date) if staff are needed to attend the property.
- Any cost to repair the defect of the product will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
15. What constitutes an order / contract between the purchaser (you) and suppler (Interior Inspirations)
- An order can be placed with us via two methods.
- Made to measure / bespoke products by using the showroom order form and Invoice system.
- Online products via the online ordering system.
- A showroom order form will be emailed or posted to you for you to sign and return to Interior Inspirations with the relevant deposit paid without any written amendments made upon it.
- If written amendments are made upon the order form, then a new typed Order form will be sent to you to sign and return. The Expected delivery dates do not start until the company has received both the signed order and deposit payment in full. Please allow up to a further 10 working days to arrange installation. If your chosen fabric or material is out of stock or found to be faulty, delays may occur.
- Once your Order is ready, we will call you to arrange a date for the Installation (if ordered) or to arrange a convenient date for us to deliver. The delivery needs to be signed for. If you are happy for your order to be delivered without being signed for, we will need your written authorisation and Interior Inspirations will not accept any liability for non-delivery or damaged and/or missing goods. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we, our carrier or agent will leave you a note with a number to call or a website to consult.
- Our contract / order will be completed when we deliver / install the Products to the address you gave us, or you collect them from our showroom. The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery / Installation. You own the Products once we have received the final 30% Balance of the order in full.
- Your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date given at the time of ordering. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside of Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery / installation date. The purchaser cannot cancel the order due to unfulfilled delivery/ installation dates.
16. Payment Terms:
- A 70% non-refundable deposit is required on placement of order.
- No cancellation of orders can be accepted once materials have been ordered or goods put into production.
- Remaining 30% balance is required as installation is booked, or delivery booked.
- Prices shown are inclusive of V.A.T at the current rate
- Without prejudice to any other rights of the Company the purchaser maybe charged interest on the amount unpaid on the due date of the invoice until the date of payment at a rate which is 3% per annum above the Basic Rate of Nat West Bank PLC.
- In event of payment being returned, any fees and bank charges will be passed on to the purchaser.
Methods of payment:
- Bacs: – Bank Transfer
- Debit/Credit card: – All major debit and credit cards accept American Express and Diners Club Cards
- Cheques / Cash: – We are no longer able to process Cheque or Cash payments.
17. Property: The title of goods remains the property of the company until paid for in full.
18. Warranty: Each factory-made product will have its own manufacture warranty, please ask at point of sale for details. For Bespoke, Hand Made products and Installation carries a 12-month warranty from date of invoice.
The warranty does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
(a) fair wear and tear
(b) wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party
(c) if you fail to operate or use the products in accordance with the user instructions
(d) any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
(e) any changed specification provided by you.
19. If there is a problem with the product; Where work is defective for any reason the Company’s liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect. In such instance’s defects should be reported within 30 days of delivery / Installation. You will give us a reasonable opportunity to repair or fix any defect and we will use every effort to repair or fix the defect as soon as reasonably practicable. You will not have to pay for us to repair or fix a defect with the product within warranty periods.
You have legal rights in relation to services not carried out with reasonable skill and care or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described or the goods are defective or not what you ordered. Consumers can obtain advice about their legal rights from citizens’ advice bureaux or trading standards offices. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
20. Products Fixings; If any products arrive without the parts / brackets needed to install the product, please contact us and we will post these to you free of charge. Fixings including screws are not part of the products supplied so even though some products arrive with Fixings, these may not be suitable to use for your specific installation so please get the advice from a Qualified Installer.
21. Ownership of Designs; If we design the product for you, we will own the copyright, design right and all other intellectual property rights in the product and any drafts, drawings or illustrations we make in connection with the product for you.
22. Charges; Prices for our Products and services may change from time to time, but changes will not affect your order when you have signed and returned your Order Confirmation to us.
The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
23. International Delivery; We deliver to some countries outside the UK. There are restrictions on some products being imported into some countries so please check these carefully. If you order Products from our site for delivery to a country outside the EU, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges, and we cannot predict their amount. You will be responsible for whatever costs are incurred in importing goods into the destination country including but not limited to payment of any handling charges, import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law. It is your responsibility to check that our Products comply with local laws and you will indemnify us from any loss that we may suffer as a result of them not complying with those laws.
24. Liability: (Consumers and Business); Although we make every effort to be as accurate as possible, the nature of the fabrics that are available means that the measurement of length may have a small percentage of variation. If the exact size of your curtains is important to you and this tolerance would be unacceptable then please discuss this with us, so that we can guide you towards more suitable fabric, materials, products or design.
The company cannot accept responsibility for uneven floors, ceilings walls or window recess. products will be installed to achieve the most satisfactory line of parallel to the eye. Movement of curtains in situ – Atmospheric conditions such as temperature and humidity can vary. As these are beyond our control, we cannot accept responsibility for movement in curtains when hung. Heavier fabrics particularly those with thicker cellulose yarns do react to changing humidity. All fabrics will age and wear during use. Certain fabrics may acquire new characteristics. These should be considered natural. All furnishings are hand finished and will therefore contain irregularities not found in machine finished products. Whilst every effort is made to maintain the quality and finish, inconsistencies can occur – this is part of the charm of hand made products.
We do not accept liability to faults caused by accident, neglect or normal wear and tear.
We will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the contract for:
(1) any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue.
(2) loss of business opportunity.
(3) loss of anticipated savings.
(4) loss of goodwill.
(5) loss incurred as a consequence of any delay.
(6) any indirect or consequential loss.
(7) death or personal injury caused by our negligence
(8) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
(9) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession)
(10) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Products.
Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
25. Cancellations – Your consumer right of return and refund; This cancellation right does not apply in the case of any made-to-measure products, custom-made products, or any products that are made to your specification or clearly personalised. We regard fabric cut to your requirements as being made to your specification or personalised for you and so it cannot be returned / refunded or Cancelled.
26. Order Cancellations; Once the Signed Order form and deposit has been paid, then you cannot cancel the order for bespoke products, but any relevant monies paid out by Interior Inspirations, including any delivery or dispatch charges will not be returned / refunded but you will be able to collect the products / materials purchased by Interior Inspirations that have already been delivered or are about to be delivered to us to full fill your signed order. The Remaining amount minus any delivery, dispatch or admin charges will be refunded back to you within a reasonably time frame. via the method of original payment. If any products have not been collected within a 14-calendar day period, then the company reserve the right to charge storage fees.
If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by telephone and/or e-mail. if we cannot talk to you direct, we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund the full amount as soon as possible. As you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this contract and you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. If the product is found to not be faulty as described by you, then we reserve the right to charge you for any or all of the expense incurred unless the Product is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we suggest a courier. (their cost should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery) If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection
In the unlikely event that we must arrange a collection of goods from you, for whatever reason, you are required to package the goods adequately for transport by courier. We will not be responsible for any damage as a result of poor packaging.
To cancel a Contract please contact us in writing to tell us by sending an e-mail to; email@example.com or by sending a letter to us at Interior Inspirations 45 Camp Road, North Camp Village, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6EN, England. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail or post mark on the letter to us not including weekends. You can always telephone us on + 44 (0)1252 662793.
If we must contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
27. Installation cancellations; If you cancel an Installation, the following additional charges may apply: –
5 business days or more before Install date = no charge
3 to 4 business days before Install date = 30% of charge
2 business days before Install date = 50% of charge
1 business day before Install date = 80% of charge
On the day of Install = 100% of charge. These charges may be waived in full or partially if we are able to reassign the Installer(s) to alternative work.
28.Our Rights to Cancel and Applicable Refund; We may have to cancel an order before the start date for the Services or before the goods are delivered, due to an Event Outside Our Control as defined below or the unavailability of stock or key materials or (in the case of services) key personnel without which we cannot provide the services. We will contact you promptly if this happens. If we must cancel an Order and you have made any payment in advance for Services that have not been provided to you or goods that have not been delivered to you, we will refund these amounts to you. Where we have already started work on your order and by the time we must cancel, we will only charge you for the work carried out thus far including products already delivered / installed and if any additional charges have been paid in advance of this, then these charges will be refunded back to you.
where the Product’s correct price is less than the price stated, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and if the Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
29. Events Outside of Our Control; We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside of Our Control. An Event Outside of Our Control is defined as follows; An Event Outside of Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport or Closure of the company by Local or government sources due to any form of outbreak or disaster.
If an Event Outside of Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you.
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside of Our Control. Where the Event Outside of Our Control affects our delivery / installation of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery / installation date with you after the Event Outside of Our Control is over.
30.Other Important Terms
We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person or organisation if we agree in writing. However, if you are a consumer and you have purchased a Product as a gift, you may transfer the benefit of the warranty to the recipient of the gift without needing to ask our consent.
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise. However, if you are the recipient of your gift of a Product, they will have the right to the benefit of our warranty.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms or if we do not enforce our rights against you or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products / services through our site / showroom and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If you are a business, these Terms are governed by English law. This means that a Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. We both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction.